Listing Tools

One of the most historic homes in the town of Telluride is the Cornell House. Lucien Lucius Nunn, the father of alternating electrical current, built this house in 1891 and was one of the first homes in the country built with alternating electrical current. In 1902 Nunn housed the ''Telluride Institute'' in this building where students from Cornell University in New York could come to learn the practical application of electrical engineering.When the owners purchased this home in 1996, the foundation was in ruins and the interior in need of repair. Shortly after the owners began to meticulously and lovingly restore it taking it down to the studs, adding a new foundation as well as some modern upgrades all while carefully keeping it true to its original form.

Property Details of 427 W Columbia Avenue

Property Details

Interior Features

Utilities and Appliances

Other Details

Map Location

Driving Directions

Listed by George Harvey of The Harvey Team, Inc.

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

Do not fill in this field:

$

Do not fill in this field: